Using the R3load combined with Migration Monitor, you can get benefit from some of its features such as:
- Table Splitting to split large tables and export as parallel processes.
- Perform exports and imports as parallel processes. If necessary, any export package is transferred to the target system as soon as it is ready and the import has been started.
The advantage of using the Migration Monitor is that R3load Procedures run faster.
In this article i perform table splitting procedure to speed up export process.
You have performed Table Splitting Preparation as explained in SAP Table Splitting on Database Export.
Now you are ready to do SAP Database Export. In this example i use SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 on Oracle Database.
1. Call Sapinst -> Software Life-Cycle Options -> System Copy -> Oracle -> Source System Export -> Central System -> Based on AS ABAP & Java -> Database and Central Instance Export.
2. Put the correct Profile Directory.
3. Untick “Use database specific tools”
5. There is a message to run SMIGR_CREATE_DDL report. Run it and put the generated files to installation directory. If there are no files generated just click OK and continue.
6. On Export for Target System Parameter.
DBSID = Your current Database ID.
Target Database Type = Select the target Database Type
Tick Split STR files to speed up export process
And do not forget to select option Start Migration Monitor manually.
7. On Split STR Files input screen
Enter the parameter for Splitting Tool parameters.
And don’t forget to enter the Table Input File that was created after Table Splitting Preparation. Please read SAP Table Splitting on Database Export for details.
If you don’t put Table Input File parameter, then the sapinst will not do the table splitting process.
8. Check for the parameter summary and continue to export.
9. Watch the task progress until a message box appear instructing to “Configure and start the export monitor”.
Do not choose OK at this step. Leave this screen open.
11. Now create a file ExportOrder.txt containing table to be split (result of Table Splitting Preparation). This file must be specified in orderBy parameter in export_monitor_cmd.properties. If you don’t enter this parameter then the export will be done by name alphabetically.
And edit some parameters in file export_monitor_cmd.properties located in installation directory. Below the parameter should be specified.
installDir=/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/LM/COPY/ORA/EXP/CENTRAL/AS/EXP/ exportDirs=/exportDB/ABAP server tskFiles=yes jobNum=4 # Package order: name | file with package names orderBy=/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/LM/COPY/ORA/EXP/CENTRAL/AS/EXP/ExportOrder.txt
12. Open a new console as <sid>adm and go to installation directory.
Now execute command: ./export_monitor.sh (in windows enviroment is export_monitor.bat).
Migration monitor will export tables according to package order.
Watch the process the tables are exported as parallel process.
13. As you see from the log after the tables specified in orderBy are finished, it will continue to other packages.
14. After all packages are exported successfully, go back to the opened screen at step 9. Now choose OK to do the rest process.
15. Monitor the task progress.
16. Make sure the process is finished successfully.
You must use Migration Monitor as well to import in the target server. Please read this article for details: SAP Database Import using R3load procedure & Migration Monitor.