In this article I’ll show you step-by-step how to Install SAP Oracle Instance on SAP Windows Server environment. The sequence of installation to build your SAP system Landscape in Windows is (the installation sequence is slightly different when you do in UNIX/LINUX):
1. Install SAP Database Software (Oracle/SQL/MaxDB//DB2)
2. Install SAP Central System (DB Instance/ASCS/CI) or
3. Install SAP Central Instance
4. Install SAP Dialog Instance
Before you are able to Install step 2 and 3 above you have to finish installing a database software first. In this example i use Oracle 11G R2 as database software on Windows Server 2008 R2.
And below is the step by step installation of Oracle 11G Software for SAP on Windows Server 2008 / R2.
1. Prepare and extract the Oracle 11G R2 Software in your local server (it’s recommended to put in your local drive not a mounted one). Right click on setup.cmd and choose “Run as administrator”
|How to Install SAP Oracle Instance – pic 1|
If it’s your first Oracle Installation, you’ll be prompted for Drive and SID.
Now you’re ready to next step with SAP Central System Installation.