You have finished installing RDBMS for SAP (example : MS SQL Server or Oracle) and now you want to install SAP Solution Manager 7.1 on your Database. Before you install SAP Solution Manager, you prepare the following CD installation:
- Installation Master.
- SAP Kernel.
- SAP Export DVD.
- SAP Java Component.
1. Now go to Installation Master according to your operating system (in this example I use Windows 2008 Server R2).
2. Choose Central System
|Installation option SAP Solution Manager|
3. It’s better to choose Custom installation if you want to change some parameters, such as Datafiles location.
4. If it’s the first time you run SAPinst in your server, you’re usually asked to logoff.
|Logoff before SAP Solution Manager installation|
5. Locate your correct Kernel CD
|Kernel CD for SAP Solution Manager|
6. Choose your installation Drive (to place your SAP Executable)
|Installation Drive for SAP Solution Manager|
7. Enter your FQDN for your SAP Server.
|FQDN for your SAP Solution Manager|
8. Enter for your Master Password should be contain Uppercase and number.
9. Choose Local Installation if it’s not connected to Domain or choose Use domain of current user if you want to connect domain.
10. Confirm your password
11. Choose Your Database SID (You define it when installing RDBMS e.g MS-SQL Server or Oracle)
12. Choose Next for SAPOSCOL directory
13. Choose Local Installation for your Host Agent.
|Domain Option for Host Agent|
14. Confirm the password
15. Now locate the Installation Export DVD I & II.
|Installation Export I|
|Installation Export II|
16. Confirm password for Database Schema
|Database schema password|
17. Choose expected Data Files.
18. Choose the Datafiles & Logfiles location folder.
19. Enter the parallel process for loading database (depends on your CPU cores)
|Number of Parallel process|
20. Confirm the password for Secure Store
|Password Confirmation for Secure Store|
21. Now you locate the Java Component DVD
|Java Component Location|
22. Confirm your System Number.
|System Number for your SAP system|
23. Enter the parameter for your Host Transport Directory.
24. Enter the Users for UME.
|Users for UME|
25. Confirm password for ABAP UME
|Password Confirmation for ABAP UME|
26. Locate your Kernel CD
|Kernel CD location|
27. Locate your SAPCryptographic Software.
|SAP Crypto Library for SSL.|
28. Select the files you want to Unpack (select ALL)
|Unpack Files Archive|
29. Select the option if you want to prepare for NWDI otherwise unselect it.
30. Select Configure SLD if you want to make your Solman as SLD otherwise connect it to available SLD.
31. Confirm the password for SLD users
|SLD users password confirmation|
32. Confirm the password for ADS users
|ADS user password confirmation|
33. Confirm for Diagnostics Agent installation
34. Choose Local Installation
|Domain option for Diagnostic Agent|
35. Confirm the password
Choose YES for the following screen.
36. Confirm the DAA instance
37. Choose No SLD if it’s the first Solman installation.
|SLD option for DAA|
38. Choose the files you want to unpack.
39. Review your input installation, and make correction if necessary. Choose Next to start the installation.
40. Now the installation is running. Check for the error log happen.
|SAP Solution Manager Installation in progress|
41. Make sure the installation is finished successfully.
To get complete reference about SAP Solution Manager and its function, I recommend you to read these books:
[amazon-element asin=”1592293883″ fields=”lg-image”]
[amazon-element asin=”1592298842″ fields=”lg-image”]
The books explain all the scenarios that Solman has.