In this article I’ll show you the instruction how to Create / Configure SAP Printer Device.
Creating Output Device
Output Device is the name of device in which users print out their report/form. To get more knowledge about SAP Printing user guide and its setup please refer to SAP Library Help.
Always Create / Add New SAP Printer Output Device in Development, after that you have to transport the configuration to QA and production.
|How to create / change SAP Printer Device – Pic 2|
3. Go to Output Device Create
|How to create / change SAP Printer Device – Pic 3|
|How to create / change SAP Printer Device – Pic 4|
– L access method means your spooling process will be done in your SAP application servers. Doesn’t mean your printer locally attached in your application servers.
– If you choose access method U or S, you must add IP address and hostname in file /etc/hosts in Application OS.
|How to create / change SAP Printer Device – Pic 5|
Now you can continue to configure printer with the following tasks:
– How to Create Device type
– How to Create Format type
– How to Create Page Format
– How to Assign Format Type to Device Type
You’ll get complete reference in this book: Printing in SAP.